Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Katy and Ben October 6, 2012

Katy and Ben…I did not meet Katy till later in the planning because both of them are in the military and are stationed outside of Virginia.  But Katy’s mom, Sara was starting to worry about the wedding.  She had so much to do in a little time, plus with the bride working hard on her career a lot of the decision she had to make.  I was very happy when she left my office after our first meeting saying, I already feel better. 

This wedding was not about the couple but about the couple and the entire family!  She had almost 200 guests and everyone was family, one of the closest families I have seen.  Uncle Bob had honey jars made and personalized labels to the couple for favors from his bee farm.  Another family brought in Chinese take out boxes and had everyone write a fortune for the couple.  Then she hand folded each note into a fortune.  Others helped with makeup, dress, you name it. 

One thing Sara told me, Katy is fine with whatever, her only request was not to leave any family off the guest list.  She wanted everyone to be a part of her special day.  I can see why now that was the most important thing to Katy and Ben.    
Thank you to Larry at Astro DJ, Astro Entertainment for the photobooth, Ft. Eustis for the chapel and reception hall, and Dicky for the amazing 1920’s Ford getaway car!

No comments: