Monday, December 17, 2012

Amy and Carl September 1, 2012








Amy and Carl…one of the most laid back couples…Ever!  From the very beginning, Carl attended every meeting but one.  At each meeting I would ask them both questions and he would point to Amy and say, “it is up to her.”  Even though he let Amy plan the wedding, he was always here for her. 
I knew at rehearsal…well, we really never had a rehearsal, more of a pre-party, to what the next day would bring. I understood from Friday night that they had one great family who loved them both!  I love when two different families come together, and they get along so well that you cannot figure out who is on whose side. 



Amy and Carl got married on the beach outside their home in Oceanview. 
I have been planning weddings for over 9 years and again this was something new to me.  All these years guests watch as we setup, take down and get things done. (It is what you are supposed to do as a guest) Carl turned around after the ceremony and said, “Everyone help these ladies put everything away.”  I couldn’t say no fast enough – everyone grabbed something and put it in my car.  

Thank you to everyone!!!
Amy’s sister was kind enough to have the reception in her beautiful backyard in Suffolk.  This was one hot day, but that did not stop anyone!  It wasn’t till the very end for someone to “fall” into the pool. 

I know I am a romantic at heart, but seeing a couple so in love and willing to do so much for each other…warms my heart! 
Thank you to everyone who helped! The food was amazing, by East Beach Catering, lighting was talked about so much once the sun fell, by Blue Steel!  Roger at Astro DJ and Shockley Bakery.

No comments: